Who We Are
Bio-Ag is a leading livestock nutrition company based out of Wellesley, Ontario. We have nearly 40 years of experience in the Ag industry and do things a little differently. We sell across Canada and export our products to the U.S.A., Trinidad and Tobago, Jamaica, and Ireland. We are a group that loves to be social, so we have company potlucks and free lunch a few times a year.
What we're looking for in our Office Administrator
We are looking for someone to provide front line support to our sales, production, and marketing efforts. We are looking for someone who can work both independently and collaborate with others. We recognize that outcomes can be reached through more than one way, so we encourage you to problem solve and improve our best-in-class processes.
*This position is more than just filing and answering the phone or responding to emails. We’re looking for someone to serve as a key facilitator between our functional departments.
What you’ll be responsible for as our Office Administrator:
- Coordinate communications between customers, vendors, and staff
- Prepare internal sales and production documents
- Coordinate inventory management processes
- Floor stock inventory physical counts and projected production requirements
- Use ERP system to reconcile floor stock inventory
- Organize office processes and procedures
- Document SOP’s and training
- Improve upon existing work processes
This is an entry level position and compensation reflects that. We are not a multinational corporation so we can't pay you like them. But because we are small we care about our employees' success.
You'll also thrive in this role if this sounds like you:
- You love to communicate. In this role you will be responsible for answering both phone calls and emails (maybe even the odd Fax... yes those still exist). So, you'll need to be clear, professional, and confident in your communications with customers, vendors, and team members. You know that good communication goes a long way to running a successful business and you are not afraid to ask questions if something is unclear.
- You are not afraid to learn new technology. In 2019 Bio-Ag implemented an ERP system that is designed to help us scale our business called Business Central (look it up! We think it's pretty cool). This is the main program you'll be working in and there is a lot to learn. We have a lot of training available, so you won't be going in blind. We operate in the Microsoft Office 365 environment so having experience with programs like MS Word and Excel are an asset.
- You love well documented processes. As a company that is looking to grow, we want to make sure that all systems and process are documented and organized efficiently.
- As a result of point 3 you are also a detail-oriented person. You take good notes and are excellent at managing your tasks and priorities. You're probably the person your friends go to when organizing a weekend away.
- You’re okay with getting your hands a little dirty. We are a manufacturing facility out in rural Waterloo Region. You may have to lift a few boxes covered in dust. We don’t expect our team to come in wearing a suit and tie every day, we like to keep things casual.
In a nutshell, you have:
- Ability to multitask.
- Familiarity and proficiency with using computers.
- Articulate in communicating internally and externally.
- Ability to prioritize and organize tasks and time.
Being part of the team means:
- You love being part of a hardworking office.
- You feel confident in sharing your ideas and are openminded to others.
You in? here are the details:
Position: Full-time, 42.5 hours per week Monday-Friday, daily 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Position Start Date: October 3rd, 2022
Location: Onsite! This is a physical onsite position and being present in the office is key to success (1400 Greenwood Hill Rd, Wellesley, On, N0B 2T0)
*Important: this position has potential for growth. We’re looking for someone who is seeking stability and long-term work with a successful and fast-growing company
How to Apply:
- Record a short video (4 minutes or less) introducing yourself and telling us why you think you would be the perfect Office Administrator for our Team (I.e., what are your biggest strengths and what experience do you bring to the table?)
- Upload the video to YouTube and set it to “unlisted” (this means no one except the people you share the link with will be able to view it).
- Click "Apply Now" to complete your application and submit the link to your video.
Applications must be submitted by Friday, September 9th, 2022th at 11:59 PM. Late applications will not be accepted.